Expo Two Print

Friday morning I woke with butterflies in my stomach. I was mega excited as I knew 2A were leaving for Expo. I had a bit of a sleep in, because you don’t get much sleep on expo, but never mind. We left the school at about 9.30am and got driven about 2/3 of the way up Mount Raymond. We were then dropped off, and Expo two had begun. The first day was actually the hardest for me, so I’m glad we got it over and done with first.  We had walked about 500m, when we were given the option to take a shorter but steeper track, or to keep on the road. We chose to go up the steeper way. What silly kids we were, it was extremely challenging, but extremely rewarding. Getting to the top of Mount Raymond was such an achievement for me. How many year 9 students can say they have climbed to the top of a mountain? 

The rest of the walk until lunch was all down hill (YAY) so it was easy. We saw some ‘funky fungi’ and had a lot of fun! After lunch we started canoeing. We had lots of laughs along the way. We got to the camp site just before dark, and then after tea we had a fire. After review we jumped into bed, and everyone fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Out on Expo 2DAY TWO!

We had decided to get up at quarter past 6 in the morning. We got woken up by our WAKY UP person at quarter to seven. OOPS, bad start to the day. Day two was all canoeing, but I only canoed half the day, as my arm was really sore. Sam and I went together in the morning, and we had a lot of fun! Miss Van Dijk was my driver the rest of the day! Today was really fun, and everyone had a really good day. We got to our Campsite pretty early, so it was really nice to set up and cook in light! We went down the beach for review. It was awesome! But once again, everyone fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.


I woke up and my legs were so sore. It was a bit of a slow morning, but we were on the water again by 8.30. The sun rise was beautiful. I got some awesome shots! We had no wind while paddling, and it was really pretty, so it was a good day to canoe. Once again, Miss Van Dijk paddled me to where we had to go. We got to the place where we stared to walk really quick, and the teachers were really happy with us. We had morning tea, and began to walk on the beach. The home stretch. We saw 2B and talked to them for about 20 minutes. But the rest of the day went really quick. We had lunch on the beach and then walked up the sand dune. THEY WERE HUGE! I was so proud to get up it. Then we walked  through the whale watching track, and then we were back at school.


By Hayley B